Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TOPICAL TUESDAYS: DUBAI WATER HOTEL



I'm really blown away by the new Atlantis hotel in Dubai. All I've heard recently is that Dubai is crumbling with the rest of the world, yet here we have a 1.5 billion dollar hotel with a 2.9 million gallon aquarium, and a water park with another 4.7 million gallons of water... all in the middle of the desert. Another place to visit just so you can say, "what the fuck?" Oh and it's built on the palm-tree shaped island that didn't even exist a few years back. Lovely. Look at the room with the full aquarium views.
Oh my what fun.


As long as we're on the topic of hotels, take a look at this great little website: Unusual Hotels of the World Not all these hotels are that strange but some are pretty nuts, like the "Dog Park Inn," where you sleep inside a dog (not a real dog though. That may be a bit gross and controversial). I'm still hoping to go to one of the ice hotels one day.

In other exciting news, the stock market actually went up today. I'm expecting another downturn tomorrow though.

Oh damn, my house is so hot right now because Jen has to finish her project and puts on the brutal overhead halogen lights. I'm going to be sun burnt tomorrow. I wanted to write a substantial entry but I think I need to smother myself with ice cubes instead.

No comments: