Thursday, December 4, 2008

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS: DID YOU KNOW

Here's a thought... Is Wagonwheel Wednesdays no more? Of course not. For whatever reason Wednesday has become my slack day. Last week I spent my whole Wednesday at home (before taking the red eye for T-Day) and I still didn't manage to inform you about travels. No excuse for that. Right now I'm trying to convince Jen to go on a week long Southwestern Road Trip in May. There are tons of National Parks I want to revisit and also places like White Sands National Monument that I keep missing out on. I think she'll be so impressed with my itinerary that she'll have to take the time off work. Then you'll hear about it on future Wagonwheels.

Now onto some thoughts... Wow nothing. My brain is vacant. I have nothing at all to say. This is bad... Let me hit my head on random objects around the office and see if that helps...

... Okay I hit my head on a coat rack and that seems to have done the trick.

Here are some random world facts that you may've never known!

*DID YOU KNOW? Camels are allergic to eggs.

*DID YOU KNOW? Crocodile Dundee was originally conceived as a project for Mel Gibson but by the time production started he no longer had an accent.

*DID YOU KNOW? Lebanon and Papa New Guinea don't recognize Washington, D.C. as the capital of the United States? They still consider Philadelphia (the original capital) as the official capital.

*DID YOU KNOW? After Eminem and Elton John's groundbreaking performance at the awards show, Eminem locked Elton in his piano. He also voted FOR Prop 8.

*DID YOU KNOW? Many years ago the order of planets from the sun went Venus, Mercury, Mars, Earth NOT Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars. Apparently the dinosaurs had something to do with the switch. Or maybe the switch killed the dinosaurs. One or the other.

*DID YOU KNOW? The Whig Party has been predicted to make a comeback in 2020.

*DID YOU KNOW? Goomba and Mario were originally reversed. It was called Super Goomba Brothers and Goomba was the main guy and Mario was the first enemy. But then kids got scared during test runs and they changed it.

*DID YOU KNOW? In light of the water shortages in France, Evian has started creating water by combining two servings of Hydrogen with one serving of Oxygen.

Okay... That's good for now. There will be a quiz on Monday. Study up.

No comments: