Thursday, February 19, 2009

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS: CIRCUIT CITY DAY

I can't stop going to Circuit City's in the LA area. In case you're just getting back from a deserted island off the coast of Guam, Circuit City is going out of business. I went to a few stores the other day when CD's, DVD's and games were 40% off. Well today they're 50% off! I didn't buy much at all. Mainly because 50% off Circuit City's inflated prices are about .50 cheaper than Amazon. Seriously, Lost Season 4 Blu-Ray retails for 100 bucks there (compared to $49.00 on Amazon).

If you search hard enough though, you can find some gems though. It's perfect for window shoppers who like to find cheap diamonds in a stack of Elliot Yamin X-mas CD's. As long as we're on the topic, I've never heard Elliot Yamin's music. But every time I see his name and face, I think he should get some street cred by changing his name to "Elliot N'ya mean?" (In case you don't get my urban shorthand, this is slang for Do You Know What I Mean?) Okay, tangent over.

I think the only Circuit City I still need to visit is the one in Burbank. I may wait a week until it's 80% off and buy some Skynyrd compilations. Nothing like spending two dollars on Confederate Flag waving rockers.

All this Circuit City liquidation business has made it very clear that Best Buy is way better. I always knew Best Buy was a better store, even if it's one of the devils that has ruined the music industry. But seeing Circuit City after Circuit City crumbling to the ground really underscores that point.

If you're trying to get an LCD TV for free though, I should warn you that they're only 30% off. I imagine they'll start selling them on eBay before they raise the discount to anything over 50%.

But seriously... if you need cables, blank CD's, or anything miscellaneous like that, just go already!

No comments: