Thursday, February 26, 2009

TARDY THURSDAYS

Ooh I've been bad this week! Not much of anything written. The first week of no employment I had all the time in the world. This week however, the hours are flying by. The pace must slow down!

In good news, I found out that I got into Penn for a Masters in Urban Planning. My parents want me to go straight there. Oh parents. I'm waiting to hear from lots of other places though. I won't make my sentiments public here in case any admissions folks are readers of my blog. Let's just say I want to go everywhere. That works.

Tonight I will attempt to make an artichoke. I'm sure I can steam it but that's a bit boring. Maybe I can do something a bit fancier. I remember I used to have these fried artichoke hearts from this Italian place by me in Bryn Mawr. Oh super duper yum. I don't think I can do that. Maybe... but... no. I'm not attempting it.

Don't artichokes and asparagus remind you of a really fat man who's married to a skinny woman? Maybe it's just me.

In other fabulous news, I've applied for a job at Amoeba to tie me over until I have to go back to school. Of course, this job is next to impossible to get, even though it's just being a record store clerk, but I can still hope. I'm already in there three times a week, they may as well pay me for it.

Finally, did anyone see Bobby Jindal the other day? Perhaps you saw some talk about how people think he sounds like Kenneth the Page. The funny thing is that while I was watching I said that. So all these random blog postings about it can very well be independent decisions. Perhaps that's all because it's true. Jindal sounds exactly like the page. You know what else is funny? I know a guy named Kenneth who used to be an NBC page.

No comments: