Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WAGONWHEEL WEDNESDAYS: SPECIAL TREAT

This past Sunday I went to Joshua Tree National Park and finally had a chance to really explore the place. As you may recall from my Southern California post, I couldn't see much of the park last time because of a missing kid. Then when I did get out, I was attacked by bees. This time however, Jen and I got to hike around and see most of the park! It's stunning if you haven't been. Not just joshua trees. Lots and huge ass rocks too!

At the park I bought a DVD that showcases almost all of the National Parks (55 to be exact... Three parks were established after the DVD was made). This inspired me to look at a map of the country and circle all the National Parks, National Monuments, National Historic Parks, etc that I have visited. I'm sure I missed a few but it's a pretty complete list. I'm now going through each park on the DVD and making a list of the next few I want to visit. Since some of these parks are as far away as American Samoa I don't know how soon I'll be adding some of these stamps to my National Parks Passport. As you can see from this chart, I haven't been to many of the Island parks. Channel Islands is about it. But no American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Dry Tortugas, or Isle Royale.

If you've been to any National Parks that I haven't circled, let me know! I want to hear all about what they're like.

Also, if anyone ever wants to play some National Park Monopoly, come on over! I have it!

No comments: