Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TOPICAL TUESDAYS

Well good lord, it's been awhile. I've been leaving my job (although I'll be working there again today and tomorrow, so it's not really "leaving") and spending the past several days training my replacement. Now that I won't have a steady source of income or any real idea of what I'll be working on when, it's absolutely pressing that I make a schedule. There are too many things that need to be done now that I have actual time! I'm not sure the best way to go about doing a schedule that'll stick. I hear great things about Google Calendar but I can never seem to find the tab through my Gmail to make it sync. The iPhone calendar is another option but so time consuming. Hmmm. I bet if I use the Mac computer I can sync to my iPhone. Oh I bet I can! That'll probably be the best option.

Here's a sample schedule for Thursday

8:30AM- Wake up and write scripts

10:45AM- Leave for the doctor

11:30AM- Go to doctor

12:30PM- Eat lunch/drive home

1:30PM- Browse the internet

2:00PM- Look for part-time jobs, call temp agencies, etc

2:30PM- Go to gym

3:15PM- Begin preparing traditional Bolognese sauce (should take about 5 hours)

4:00PM- Work on children's book.

5:00PM- Browse the internet

5:30PM- Blog

6:00PM- Review albums

As you can see, I'm planning to do a lot of different types of writing. I already write scripts that have gone nowhere. But with children's books, I dream of empires, maybe even a themepark based on my characters. In addition to all that, I've begun writing a local music blog (my first published review is here: http://www.theredalert.com/reviews/coconutrecords.php ) Yee-haw!

I'll keep you updated with reviews. Soon I'll also be posting sections of the children's book on Friendly Fridays. Eventually the plan is get a full blog/website just for that book. But good to give a sneak peek to my loyal fans.

Tomorrow, the Wagonwheel will roll again!

No comments: