Friday, June 27, 2008

FRIENDLY FRIDAYS: WALL*E!

Oh adorable robot, how I'm counting down the minutes until I watch you goof around on the screen. From the posters and short previews I have a hunch that you may be Pixar's cutest creation. Don't know if you're quite R2D2 level, but time will tell. Maybe if C3PO dies, you can become R2's new buddy. That would make nearly everyone on the planet's day, year, life, anything. Sorry 3PO.

Let's talk about Pixar a moment. So far these guys have tackled toys, bugs, monsters, fish, superheroes, cars, rats cooking food, and now robots (you remember that non-Pixar mess Robots? Damn). What does the future hold? I think Pixar can make anything good. (FYI...I'd absolutely love to work for Pixar, if anyone knows anybody). A Pixar movie about Huggie and the gang would be swell. What else could work? Regular old animals are pretty much out I think. It's been done too often. Unless it's a non-mammal category like they did with bugs and fish. Birds could be cool. Or frogs. No maybe not frogs. Ah! How about bones!?! Like dinosaur bones! They come to life in the museum and must quest for their skin. Of course some are put together wrong. Pay attention, Pixar. It's gold. NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM has a similar idea, so maybe not in a museum. Maybe in some fossil field.

What else? I'm just gonna list things that pop in my head. Some good, some bad... Candy. Office supplies (don't underestimate the appeal of a walking stapler). Trees? That could be a little boring since trees sort of have to stay in place. A talking car is one thing but a tree that can just prance around? That seems a bit ridiculous really. Oooh I got one. Appliances! Sears: The Movie. Come on, I know some of you out there think your toaster's pretty adorable.

1 comment:

laurel said...

That picture made me choke on my candy.

Hilarious.

Also, Wall-E?

BEST MOVIE OF 2008.