Monday, November 3, 2008

MUSIC MONDAYS: A SAD NOTE

I was all prepared to talk about music today, this being Music Mondays and all. I was going to tell you about how I'm about to start going over all the album's of the year to determine my ten favorite. But then someone in my office told me that one of the agents we work with just found her assistant dead. I'd talked to this assistant before to set up meeting and the like. Not sure how old he was but it was most likely 20-something. I don't have any details but I'm too shook up to write a regular old Music Monday.

As a paranoid hypochondriac, who's also a very empathetic person, I internalize this sort of stuff in a major way. I always need the details. I'm reassured if I find out that the person in question had an existing condition, which is a natural way to think perhaps but still terrible all the same. Tragic news like this puts things like the election or my team winning the World Series into perspective. I think not only of my own fragile existence but all my loved ones and anyone who cares about another person.

Not that the people reading this blog knows this guy, but if nonetheless, I want to say, Daniel Abrams Rest In Peace... It seems odd to offer a peaceful afterlife to someone who I know so little about. I just read over an e-mail correspondence confirming a meeting my boss had with his boss' client and I realized that that's the only tangible relationship I have to this guy. We've spoken on the phone but I can't remember the sound of his voice. We never had business drinks or anything like that. I'm not sure if he was lean or large, bald or hairy, beautiful or plain. But does that matter? To the Abrams family, whom I know even less, and to all the assistants and agents I actually do know at APA, my thoughts go out to you.

Sorry for the bleak nature of my post. I needed to get it down.

No comments: