Thursday, October 30, 2008

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS: ARE YOU SURE IT'S NOT FRIENDLY FRIDAY?

Here's a thought...

It feels like Friday. I keep having to remind myself it's Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. Halloween is tomorrow and I'm nearly ready. I still have to get a cane, white gloves and some gold facepaint. Mr. Peanut here I come! Tonight I need to have Jen draw the peanut ridges on my shirt and make the little white hat band that reads "Mr. Peanut."

Oh my, I'm hungry. I had an early lunch, which is always tough for me. My stomach usually only stays full for 2-3 hours. Good thing I have a fast metabolism. If I didn't, they'd have to use a crane to get me to work every day. Can you imagine if you had to travel to work by crane? That would be equal parts cool and embarassing. Costly too I imagine.

Here's another thought.... The Phillies won! If you know me, you'll probably hear me mention this fact for the next several months. Get used to it.

Tonight is October 30th (aka "Mischief Night"... or is that an East Coast-only thing?). I was supposed to be preparing to see Neil Young but then he decided to cancel because some of the workers at The Forum are on strike and he doesn't want to break the picket line. This is bullshit for so many reasons. I respect Neil's principles here but apparently these guys have been on strike on and off for two years! Why would you book this show at The Forum!? Since I ordered through this special pre-order site (not Ticketmaster) I have to mail my ticket back to get a refund. I could always keep the ticket and go to the rescheduled show but since there's no date for the show, just "sometime in 2009," I think I'll have to vote with my pocketbook on this one and return the ticket. After all, I just pre-ordered his stupid archives on Blu-Ray for 300, even though they'll still probably never come out... I could use a $100 refund.

Damn, Neil. The economy sucks! Why are you putting me on the street?

No comments: