Friday, October 10, 2008

FRIENDLY FRIDAYS: EATING SEA MAMMALS

"Would I eat a sea mammal?"

I never really thought about this until my friend Peter brought it up. He said he'd never eat a sea mammal. No whales or dolphins because they're too smart and no sea lions, seals or otters cause they're too cute. These are fair points, although I'm not so sure sea lions are really that cute. They're fine but they smell terrible, which makes them a little less cute. Like there were some girls in middle school that kinda dug me and they looked pretty nice but they smelled bad. Odor can makes things a little less than cute at the end of the day.

I'm trying to think if I've ever eaten a sea mammal. I told Peter that I'd had whale before, but how is that possible? Could I really have gotten a whale steak at my local supermarket? Because that's what my whale eating memory is. I remember as a little boy getting a whale filet and eating it with butter. But whales are so protected. Well, now they are. This was the 80s. Reagan was not a big fan of whales...But now that I think of it, it may've been shark. I may be confusing whale with whaler sandwiches (just a fish sandwich they served in the cafeteria). Or maybe I had whale at school. Now I'm really confused.

It's been so long since I've done a Friendly Friday, that I have very little to say. How about I end it with a friendly little link (please ignore the "oh my gods" if you can)?

1 comment:

laurel said...

CUTEST THING EVERRRR