Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TOPICAL TUESDAYS: JOHN MCCAIN and SADAM HUSSEIN SHARE A SOUL

Fine that's a bit of a stretch, but apparently McCain's transition chief aided Sadam. This seems like it should be a bomb shell for someone whose only real hope at this point is the capture of Osama (please notice the S there... OSama not OBama." Yet, I'm not particularly excited by this potential nail in the coffin, mainly because Huffington Post has about as much credibility as Rush Limbaugh at this point. Sure, I read it every day. I even link to it here (along with conservative Drudge Report for comparison). It's entertaining and occasionally it'll break a real story. But until I see this "news" on CNN or USA TODAY or gasp FOX NEWS, I won't think much of it.

Currently none of the above mention the story.

Some more exciting campaign news for you:

Obama's buying ads in video games!

And how about a presidential "crop circle"?



Finally, I just realized that I'll be seeing TV On the Radio two days after the first African-American major party candidate is either elected president or robbed of the presidency (for those that don't follow music, that's a band). Pretty interesting considering they're a band that's 80% Black. And it's not like they shy away from racial commentary. After all, just look at their lyrics, which include lines like "Woke up in a magic ni**er movie with the bright lights pointed at me as a metaphor" and "'Hey Slave' They called and we caved, we answered to a new name. Shout it loud shout it lame, but black face it you're such a good dancer." I can't think of a more perfect band to see two days after this election.

No comments: