Friday, August 8, 2008

FRIENDLY FRIDAYS: DO WE HAVE A WINNER?

We finally have a third answer to the quiz! I would like at least one more response before I declare a winner. Without giving anything away, one person has 4/6, one person has 3/6 and one person has 1/6.

Yesterday I watched some pre-school shows with my boss' dogs. Maybe pre-school writing is the life for me. What crazy shit. First I watched some Blue's Clues. In this episode the weirdo guy (who I could EASILY play mind you) had to feed potatoes to these three pigs. There was a chart that told him how many potatoes to feed each pig. The brown pig got 5 potatoes, the red pig got 3 potatoes and the pink pig got 0 potatoes. That pink pig seemed really sad that he didn't get any potatoes. But then the farmer came home and gave him some peppers. Apparently he can't eat potatoes. Maybe he doesn't actually like them or perhaps he's even allergic to them. Or at least intolerant. Pink potato pig=gassy pig. The other pigs DO NOT like that... I think I've witnessed this same exact scene with my three owls. Each one is about the size of a potato though, so I think three or five potatoes would cause definite owl death. And Huggie would have to be the piggy that would get 5 or else he would riot.

Then after Blue's Clues, this other show came on. I have no idea what it was but it was insane. There was this orange cyclops and a blue cat and a yellow robot. They were singing songs about random topics. I can't remember what exactly, but it wasn't blatantly educational. And it wasn't all cloying like Barney either... I saw some interview with the dude who wrote the "I Love You" Barney song. He was so shocked that the American Military played it repeatedly to suspected terrorists as a method of torture. Seems pretty obvious to me. I'm more shocked that he was shocked. But then again, if your crowning achievement is that punk ass song, I imagine you don't see the world quite as I do.

I took picture of these three oddball Noggin characters with my phone. I'm sure I could find out more about them with a little research, but that would spoil the fun. I'll even give them my own names. I'll call the robot, Porridge Bear. The cat will be named Pagoda. And the cyclops will be Cyclopamo. What enjoyable friends. Perfect for a Friendly Friday.

No comments: