Thursday, August 14, 2008

WAGONWHEEL WEDNESDAYS: IOWA

Hey folks. Sorry for the delay. I was off watching Solomon Burke and Etta James go nuts at the Hollywood Bowl!

Today's entry will be quick.

Of all the states I've been to, Iowa is by far the cheapest. Not in terms of cost of living but in terms of its place on my list o' states. Although I never spent quality time in Mississippi or Alabama, I at least drove through the state. My automobile was on the pavement for two hours plus. Iowa on the other hand? Pure detour just so I could check it off the list. As I got ready to leave my hotel in Lincoln, Nebraska, I saw that if I drove 30 minutes out of the way, I could cross the Iowa state line. And that's just what I did. Not much more to say. I stopped at a gas station and bought a lotto ticket as proof.

I knew a few folks from Iowa who spoke fondly of Des Moines. I don't have much interest in returning. My one lotto ticket was plenty. I'm searching hard for something to add here, some sort of near death experience or cryptic animal sighting but I think I've more than summed it up.

No comments: