Tuesday, August 5, 2008

TOPICAL TUESDAYS: CAN YOU GET MORE HORRIFYING

A few week ago I read about this dude who raped a Columbia student for 19 hours, set her on fire, cut off her eyelids and performed plenty of other horrifying acts. It made me sick, furious, scared, all of the above. But I just heard about this other event today that's haunted me much more. I'm sure this is very old news since it happened last week, but humor me please. On a secluded Greyhound bus ride through the lonely heartland of Canada, a man started stabbing another man repeatedly. The bus driver slammed on the breaks and the other passengers ran out of the car. Next thing the passengers know, the perpetrator is holding the severed head of his victim. By this point the cops show up. When the first cop gets on the bus, the man has begun to cut off body parts and eat them. I mean what the fuck? Seriously seriously seriously. WHAT THE FUCK? People that do this to others are as sick as can be, but people that do this to others IN PUBLIC make Satan look like Mandela.

It's a bit unclear why this man stabbed, beheaded and ate a total stranger, but apparently he's not proud of himself, since he begged the judge to kill him. I'm almost 100% convinced that I will have nightmares about this tonight. I apologize in advance for causing nightmares for others, but I had to share this terror with somebody. Of course I sit right now typing this with my front door unlocked, just asking for a mad man to come in here... Let me lock the door... Okay. Door locked.

What lessons can we learn? Don't take a bus in Manitoba? Don't a Greyhound at all? I recall a good friend of mine who took a ton of acid and rode to Vegas on a Greyhound. Is that what happened here? I bet the drug czar hopes so. Then they'll be enough drug propaganda forever. Oh wait, it's Canada. Do they have a drug czar? I don't think they have the death penalty. I don't believe in the death penalty, but wow. Maybe in this case. Good lord, it's so scary. Can you imagine being on that bus? The post traumatic stress possibilities here are immense. Will this maniac pay their psychiatry bills at least? Like seriously, I'm experiencing some PTS just thinking about it.

Happy thoughts. Fluffy clouds and sugar cookies and chunks of face. NOOOO! No chunks of face! Oh damn you Mr. Li. Look what you've done to my evening thoughts...

No comments: