Friday, July 11, 2008

FRIENDLY FRIDAYS: COLORING SESAME!

The other day I made a DVD for my friend Rick of the Nathan's Hot Dog contest. Rick's friend Kevin was competing in the contest and he didn't have cable. I wanted to make it a bit special, so I drew a picture of a person eating a hot dog and then wrote "Hot Dog." I did some fancy lettering to send it over the top. Most of the letters came natural, but I was a bit perplexed about how to do a "G." So I googled "G." The first thing that came up was a COLOR YOUR OWN OSCAR THE GROUCH!

I clicked on the page and it led me to several other Sesame Street images to color. It's wonderful, but I found a few things a bit odd. For instance, they have about 8 Elmo images and 3 or 4 cookie monsters but not one Snuffy. No honkers either. Couldn't they have done 7 Elmos and 1 Snuffy? Then there's the glaring omission of even a single picture with both Bert and Ernie it. Did they break up or something?

Still, there's a few stellar images. Perfect for a kid or a kid-at-heart. Perhaps the most amazing picture is this one of The Count. Look at the bats, they look just like Cookie Monster!



I wanted to see if The Count's bats always looked like Cookie Monster.

I couldn't find anything definitive. I found a pretty cool old clip The Count meeting cooking monster though.

No comments: