Thursday, July 17, 2008

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS: QUOTES

For years now my mother has been sending me daily e-mails with a quote of the day. I always thought this was some huge national list she subscribed to. Things like this exist, I know. But this one was actually just some Philly lawyer who did it in his spare time. Today I thought I'd write her a quote back. And that got me thinking, maybe it's time for a new "Poor Richard's Almanac." Ben Franklin can't have a claim on all clever phrases. We need to write our own quotes! Then perhaps one of us can have our words chiseled into some city monument somewhere. Or on a gravestone if you like to dwell on the macabre.

I'll do my part. I'm not claiming to be Franklin's equal or anything, but I can try, at least. Here's the first quote I wrote back to my mom: "Quotes are constant reminders that there are people smarter than you or I."

Then I came up with this one, which has a dual meaning for anyone who knows the now four year-old owl Hugs: "A hug is worth only as much as its recipient."

Here are a few more that I'm thinking of on the fly... At the very least I hope to find some of these words on a Yearbook page one day.

"...." Um mind's blank... I need coffee... Okay here we go..

"Coffee knows no resistance, save for the pillow's choking hands." Zzzzzzzzz

"Pandas are cute" -Alexander Pudlin

"You will never carry a mountain unless you get many more hands" -A. Robert Pudlin

Speaking of hands...

"A handful of nuts is not necessarily what you're thinking" -Anonymous (Pudlin)

How about this one...

"Those who desire to live alone will die with a bunch of inanimate objects for friends"

Okay enough of all that... A quote book shall come out soon in case you want more...

No comments: