Tuesday, July 15, 2008

TOPICAL TUESDAYS:

TWO OLD WOMEN GO TO JAIL FOR LIFE

This story blows me away. I remember when I read about it a few months back, I thought that it happened in Germany or Prague or something. Pretty nuts that it's right here in good ole LA. Basically these two old women (75 and 77) lured two homeless men into their lives romantically, got them to take out life insurance policies and then ran them over with a car, collecting 2 million bucks. This probably isn't news to most of you. It's all over the headlines because they finally got convicted. What I can't understand is this whole "Life in Prison" thing. It sounds awful when you're 20, but when you're 75 or 77? That could be a one year sentence. Fifteen years tops. And prison has to be better than a nursing home. At least it can't be any worse.

STIMULUS ROUND II

I haven't even received my damn stimulus check and they're already talking about more stimulus checks. At least the Dems are. Hey, I'm not about to fight free money. It would be nice to get my first check though. According to their bullshit schedule it was supposed to come two months ago.

SOMETHING I'M FORGETTING

I had a great topic to talk about today. The perfect sort of entry for a mid-summer day. But then I forgot. I'm thinking long and hard about everything that happened today and I have no clue what I was going to write about... So in the meantime, an ethical question... Would it be wrong to serve John McCain's neck for Thanksgiving? Maybe that depends on whether he loses, since election night is only a few weeks earlier... Seriously that neck is too much. Don't people understand that in four years, HD TVs will be the norm. The State of the Union in HD? Do you really want to see McCain in HD? Please. If we're already doomed to have our daughters starve themselves trying to look like the pre-pregnant Angie Jolie, then can we at least have an attractive president while we're at it? Not that Obama's the sexiest dude ever, but he's a fucking Fabio compared to McCain. Yum, Fabio.

THE RINGLEADER



THE OTHER KILLER

No comments: